Often it’s small changes made one at a time that add up to a lifestyle shift! It’s less painful and is more likely to be something you continue with over the long haul too.
Here are some ideas from our Facebook page that are great baby steps!
We’ll start with the obvious:
- Get a Bountiful Basket Weekly and USE THE WHOLE THING! If you have a family of more than four get two baskets.
- At dinner serve 2 vegetables
- Serve sliced fruit for desert
- Remove the soda pop from your life
- Make eating out the treat it should be! Only do it once a week or less. Choose a sit down restaurant with delicious food.
- Try out some healthy freezer meals.
- Once a Month Mom – this website advocates for once a month cooking, but you can definitely take some principles from it and their recipes are great! The even have gluten free, whole foods, diet, and vegetarian menus available!
- Freezer Dinner – this website had some really fun recipes!
- Stolen Moments Cooking – loved these recipes. They looked fast and easy. Remember you can substitute in fresh produce par boiled for frozen!
- Salad in a jar – She covers techniques to increase shelf life, and has some fun “jar” recipes and regular recipes!
- Tina Nicoise salad in a jar – We couldn’t forget Martha.
- Instructions for laying any salad recipe in a jar.
- Wikipedia information on Excitotoxicity – This is not so reader friendly but gets into the nitty gritty science of things
- Printable list of all the different names of MSG – this will help you identify all the hidden MSG in your foods.
- Dr. Mercola explains why MSG is not your friend – much more reader friendly
- Drink an extra glass of water
- Wait 20 minutes
- Go on a brisk walk around the block (15 minutes or so)
- If after all that you are still hungry eat some celery raw, cucumber slices raw and plain, or half a green apple.