Sometimes I get in an asparagus rut. I make the same ol’ asparagus spears sautéed in butter and garlic. Now, don’t get me wrong – That is delicious in itself…but I wanted something more decadent. So what’s a girl to do? Wrap it in bacon, of course.
- 2 packs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb sliced bacon (not thick-sliced)
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- sprinkle ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Divide asparagus into bundles of 3-4 spears if thick spears, more per bundle if thin spears.
- Wrap each bundle from the tops of the spear down to the bottom in a spiral with a slice of bacon.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet, with the tail of the bacon down
- While you are wrapping asparagus, combine the butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt, and black pepper in a small saucepan. Gently heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- After all your bundles are wrapped, use a BBQ brush to dab the glaze over the bacon and tips of the asparagus.
- Put into oven for approximately 25 minutes. Oven times vary, so go by looks! When the bacon looks done, and the tips of the spears are caramelized, the bundles are ready!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
These asparagus bundles are so delicious! I was barely able to get a picture of them all on a plate before my family devoured them – before the rest of supper was even done!