In my house, Tuesdays are our really busy day. My daughter has dance and is absolutely famished when she gets home so I’m always looking for ideas to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible. The crockpot makes an appearance regularly on Tuesdays. I cut up the veggies and put this soup together this morning and cooked it on low all day. This recipe is loaded with veggies and sausage so it is a great meal in a bowl.
Busy Day Sausage Veggie Soup
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 3 C baby spinach (If you don't use baby spinach, roughly chop)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t fresh crushed black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1/4 C shredded parmesan + more to top bowls
- 1/4 C cream
- Cook sausage then drain.
- Add the sausage, onion, carrots, celery, potato, garlic, herbs, pepper and broth to a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, add the spinach and cream.
- Once the spinach is wilted, stir in the shredded parmesan.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan on top.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens