One pot pasta ideas have been super popular for quite awhile now. The idea was pretty revolutionary for me – you put basic ingredients in a pot for 20-25 minutes and end up with pasta in a delightful sauce. I had nothing planned for dinner so it was a perfect night for this miracle dish. Of course, it is still pumpkin palooza so I shook it up with some pumpkin pizzaz. This pasta was wonderful! It was easy, creamy and delicious.
Creamy One Pot Pumpkin Pasta
- 12 oz angel hair pasta (linguine would be good too)
- 1 C pumpkin, roasted and pureed (or canned)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 C chicken broth
- dash crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t sage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan to top bowls
- Add all ingredients except parmesan, salt and pepper to a large, heavy pot.
- Place the pot over medium-high and cook until the pasta is done. You will have to stir this frequently to prevent sticking (it will try!).
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve, shred a generous amount of parmesan on top.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens