Roasting is typically my go-to way to cook up veggies. It is such an easy, versatile cooking method that I will do it several times per week. I just toss almost any chopped vegetables with olive oil and seasonings then stick it in the oven. This is an absolute win in my world.
However, this summer I’m limiting my relationship with my oven because it warms my house up so much. I was beginning to go through roasted broccoli withdrawal so I cooked this up with dinner. This quick pan-roasted broccoli goes well with any protein.
Pan-Roasted Broccoli with Romano
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1/4 C romano (or another cheese of your choice)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add your garlic until it starts to get fragrant. This won't take long. You want your garlic to start turning golden but not brown at all.
- Add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water. Cover and allow it to steam for a few minutes (about 4 minutes).
- Uncover and continue to cook until the broccoli is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and allow it to melt a little.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
I do most of my veggies in this manner only I put them in a pan and put on the grill outside so I don’t heat up the house. I also mix a lot of veggies along with several heads of peeled garlic. I use some of Weber’s Grill seasonings and melted coconut oil. Cook you favorites together they are awesome.