Saturday breakfast is hard. With getting up to volunteer at the BB site, bringing the bounty home, and then trying to get everything rinsed and put away, making breakfast on Saturday morning is generally the last thing I want to do. But this time, my husband woke up early to pick up our bounty and the bonus was that I was highly motivated to make something yummy for breakfast! Low and behold, beautiful grape tomatoes, onions, asparagus, and I just happened to have mushrooms and eggs in the fridge. Coupled with the most wonderful Organic honey wheat bread purchased as an add-on this week this was a Saturday morning treat I’m sure I can use to bribe my husband and children to wake up every Saturday morning for basket pickup!
- 3 stalks asparagus, rinsed and diced
- 1 slice of onion, diced
- 3 mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 pats of butter
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 6 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium high burner, melt one pat of butter in frying pan.
- Add mushrooms onion and asparagus. Fry vegetables in butter and remove from pan. Set aside.
- Rinse out your pan and dry.
- Turn down turn down the heat to medium.
- Add another pat of butter and let the butter melt.
- Add 1 of the whisked eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Move the cooked eggs gently aside to allow the uncooked eggs contact with the pan. I only do this once or twice when cooking the eggs and doing so means I don't have to flip the egg over.
- When eggs are just about cooked add 1/2 of the cooked vegetables back onto the omelette.
- Place 1/2 slice of the cheese onto the omelette.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, folding as you slide it off the pan.
- Repeat for second omelette.
- Serve with organic honey wheat toast from your Bountiful Baskets add-on and sliced grape tomatoes.