A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit, and a violin;
what else does a man need to be happy?
When that fruit is a pineapple and it is baked with a lucious combination of gingersnaps and coconut you transcend happiness to a blissful state of extacy. Maybe I’m playing this up a bit too much, but I have to say, by way of fruit themed desserts this has become a new favorite at our house.
- 1 pineapple cut in half and cored
- 1/2 c ginger snaps
- 1/2 c coconut
- 1/2 c macadamia nuts
- 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp coconut or rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice pineapple in half and core by cutting diagonal slices into the length of the core.
- Combine ginger snaps, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and extract.
- Pour 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk mixture into core area, divided between the two pineapple halves.
- Sprinkle ginger snap mixture over the top.
- Pour remaining sweetened condensed milk mixture over the ginger snap mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pineapple softens and the toppings are warm and bubbly.
- To serve cut off tops and bottoms of the pineapple halves.
- Run a long knife between the skin and the fruit of the pineapple until all of the skin is removed.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and serve.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens