Pasta with Chickpeas, Bacon and Veggies
- 4 strips bacon, cut into pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound pasta (I used elbow because that is what I had on hand)
- 1 1/2 C cooked chickpeas (or 1 can)
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 summer squash, diced
- fresh parsley and oregano
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta.
- In a large saucepan, add a drizzle of olive oil and the bacon. Cook over med-high.
- Allow the bacon to cook until it starts to change color then add your garlic. Cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add the chickpeas to your bacon mixture and season with salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add your cherry tomatoes and squash, cook 1 minute.
- When the pasta is al dente, add to your bacon/chickpea pan. If your mixture is dry, you can add some of the pasta water to make it saucy. Toss the pasta to coat it well.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens