Sandy H shared this recipe on the Bountiful Baskets Recipes Board:
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Puree cantaloupe until smooth.
- Measure 4 cups of puree and discard the rest (or freeze for smoothies!)
- Return the 4 cups of puree back to the blender; add sugar and lemon juice.
- Pulse quickly to blend.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Note: I used a small cantaloupe and didn't quite have 4 cups of puree so I added some strawberries. Other notes have said to cut sugar in half or use none at all as it is very sweet.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens