From Sandy Sleger Hix (Bountiful Baskets Recipes)
Elegant Fig Appetizers with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- 12 fresh figs, halved
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese (chevre)
- 24 almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven broiler for high heat.
- Place the fig halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Top each half with about 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese.
- Place one almond on each, press to push the cheese slightly into each fig.
- Broil the figs in the preheated oven until the cheese is soft and the almonds are turning a rich shade of brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the figs on a serving platter and drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Thanks for sharing, Sandy!