From Jeanne G
This lends itself to lots of improvisation with the ingredients we get each week. It’s really good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red or sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, diced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, seeded, cored, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 cups butternut or banana squash, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cups gluten-free broth
- 1 28-oz.can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can pinto, black or white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free curry or chili powder, or to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Hot red pepper flakes, if desired, for more heat
- For serving:
- Fresh lime wedges to brighten the flavor
- Fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- A dab of sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired
- Pour the olive oil into a slow cooker or Crock Pot.
- Add the garlic and onion and stir to coat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Break apart the tomatoes a bit.
- Cook on low or high according to the manufacturer’s instruction for your particular make and model.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Thank you, Jeanne, for sharing this!