April 30th, 2015
Molasses is so full of health benefits, one of which is iron. This bread has a amazing taste and when served with orange honey butter it really hits the spot. In the recipe I happen to be able to use some raisins I made from a bountiful basket add on.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 14 cup water
- 1 cup raisins
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk well.
- Add oats and brown sugar to mixture and stir.
- Add oil, molasses, water and mix well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then remove from pan.
For a nice change grease wide mouth canning jars and bake mixture in them.
Try swapping whole wheat or oat flour for half of the flour.
Make this wonderful orange honey compound butter to serve with it.
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 tablespoons honey
Mix together and put in fridge until ready to serve.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens