The radishes are staring at you, and you are staring at them. What in the world will you do with 6. You can slice one or two up in a regular green salad with dinner, or perhaps use them in some coleslaw with the cabbage you received this week, but better than that you can get rid of the whole bunch plus your cucumber and any stray carrots left in the ‘fridge with this zesty sweet salad! (You can really tell we focus on 100% basket consumption around here!)
Cucumber Radish Salad
- 1 english cucumber, seeded and sliced length wise and then into cubes
- 1/2 bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 6 medium radishes shredded
- 3 Tablespoons parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Chop/shred the cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, and radishes to a medium bowl. Mix with the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and parsley. Top with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
I added tomatoes crazins and quino (sp?) . Lots of options. Very good!
The recipe sounded interesting and I had the items on hand so gave it a try. It’s a light side dish and good as it stands but, for me, it is missing something. I will make it again and experiment with adding fresh basil or mint leaves. Perhaps another time with chopped onions. I think it can be a great base for a lot of experimenting. 🙂
Michelle’s recipe sounds good, too. I stir fry or add radishes to soups and other cooked dishes. They work great cooked as well as raw.
I have another great recipe for radishes. Super Bowl Chip Dip, just in time.
1 bunch radishes
1 bunch green onion
1 container sour cream
1 block cream cheese
season salt to taste
Finely chop radish and onion. Mix with sour cream, cream cheese. Add season salt. Serve with potato chips.